Welcome July! July really is the best month of summer. It’s usually warm without too many hot days. It’s not August with the impending sense of summer vacay coming to an end. July is an entire month to live on your own terms, chill days to kick back included.
Here are some things July is bringing.
1. I will be doing my first Facebook Q&A tomorrow, July 2, 7:00-8:00pm EST on my Facebook page. Everyone who asks a question will be entered to win this signed copy of City Love.
The winning address must be in the US, but everyone is welcome to participate. I’m happy to answer any questions you have about life, love, writing…anything at all. Hope to see you then!
2. Speaking of City Love, Too Many Books Not Enough Shelves posted this sweet review. Can we please get this girl some more shelf space? Savvy Naddy’s review contains a LOT of spoilers, so proceed with caution!
3. As of today, Styrofoam is banned in New York City. That is freaking awesome news. Every time I see one of those horribly disrespectful coffee cups (because, duh, we’re the only ones who can protect our planet), I want to scream. Styrofoam is a massive problem. It’s not recyclable, takes up tons of landfill space, and contaminates waterways. Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. have already prohibited the use of this nasty product. Here’s hoping more states step up to advocate for this important step in protecting our environment!
4. I adore this diagram for combining two of my fave things: moon phases and watermelon.
5. Summertime is amusement park time. And you know I get down with Disco Cookie.
Going back to Sesame Place 33 years later was a fun full-circle moment. Something tells me July will bring a few more of those.
Wishing this summer is your best one ever, friendly neighbors 😀