So Much Closer comes out in paperback one week from today!
You have a fresh new week to win a copy on Twitter. Congrats to last week’s winner, Ashley R.! Your new hashtag this week is #lookup. In So Much Closer, John encourages Brooke to look up and notice things she’s never seen before. Like gorgeous rooftop gardens. And the awesomeness of water towers. But the “look up” theme is also about the importance of having a positive attitude. It’s about staying strong and fighting on. And being true to your dreams, even when negativity tries to bring you down. We notice and realize so much when we look up in life. To enter this week’s Twitter giveaway, just tweet a motivational message using #lookup. I want to see lots of happy tweets that will inspire everyone! Complete giveaway info is here.
To celebrate the May 1 release of So Much Closer in paperback, I’m also running a special contest here on my blog. As some of you may know, I’m a huge fan of Screen-Free Week. When I was a teacher (it was called National TV-Turnoff Week back then), I used to give extra credit to anyone who avoided watching TV for one week. All my kids who participated were amazed at how much free time they had. Everyone would fill out pledge forms and I’d hang them around my classroom. Here’s mine from 2006. Tobey Maguire was my #1 husband at the time:
For this So Much Closer contest, I want to know what you’re going to do during Screen-Free Week instead of staring at a screen. April 30 – May 6 will be your week to work toward a major goal or catch up on your reading or play outside or chill with friends. Or just take time to breathe and enjoy life in the Zen lane. The point is to create more time for yourself to do something spectacular, whatever that something may be.
Two winners will be randomly selected. First prize is a signed copy of So Much Closer and your choice of Waiting for You or Something Like Fate. Second prize is a signed copy of So Much Closer.
1. Leave a comment telling me three things you will do during Screen-Free Week instead of watching screen entertainment.
2. Include your first name and email address with your comment.
3. Your entry will be counted twice if you link to this contest on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, or other site (leave that link with your comment).
1. Entries must be received by Friday, May 4 at 11:11 pm. The winners will be announced on May 7.
2. This contest is open to US residents only. However, if you live abroad and have a contact in the States who can receive the prize for you, it can be sent to their address.
Let’s get our Screen-Free Week celebration on!