Greetings, friendly neighbors! Welcome to my shiny new blog. For those of you who have been reading my blog for a while, thank you for moving over here with me. Please leave a comment to let me know you’ve found me. And for any new readers out there, thanks for stopping by.
In addition to a clean, fresh look, the blog has some cool new features. Down the column at the right you will find:
1. My latest news right at the top. As soon as I can share stuff like pub dates, tour info, and the title of my new book, I’ll post everything right there.
2. The connect section has links my my website, Facebook, fan page, Twitter, YouTube, and Goodreads. You can also share posts directly on Facebook and Twitter.
3. In the notifications section, there’s a subscribe button where you can sign up to receive email notifications of new blog posts.
4. RSS feeds.
5. A search box. There’s also a search box at the upper right corner of the home page.
6. All of my tags from the old blog made the move. This is good news for those of you who use tags to search. I’ve been using tags since I started blogging and I think they’re really helpful.
7. All of my archives are in the house! I’m still going through them to replace a few photos that didn’t make it over, insert YouTube videos that were stripped out, and remove random codes, but for the most part they’re intact and ready to explore.
So yay! I’m excited for this change. Actually, my breakup with LiveJournal was overdue. LJ had cooties. Their spam filter was attacked and they never recovered, causing my blog to be inundated with corroded comments. But I’m going to keep that account for a while to give everyone a chance to find me here and change their bookmarks. I love the fresh look, the fonts, the simple design. And how I was able to create my own header image in Photoshop. Nice, WordPress. Snaps for you.
I’ll be posting a contest soon to celebrate this new home. But for now, please do leave a comment so I know you’re here!
Update: Could LJ be any more corroded? My photos were fine yesterday, but right now you can’t see them because they were uploaded to LJ and LJ is having problems with their pics showing up. See what I mean? Sorry about that. This has happened with LJ before. They usually fix the problem within a day, so please check back soon!
Update to the update: My pictures are back! I told LJ on Twitter that they could keep my CDs if they gave me back my pictures. I guess they’re over their little snit fit.