1. So I called Ben & Jerry’s and it turns out that Yes Pecan! never existed in pint form. It was only available at scoop shops during January. I saw a photo of the pint in New York magazine, but that was only a mock-up. I don’t know why B&J didn’t distribute this flavor in stores. It would have made a bajillion dollars. It’s all good, though. The Coffee Heath Bar Crunch and Mint Chocolate Cookie flavors are very real.
2. February is the coldest month. Most of you know by now that I don’t do winter. I simply do not care to participate. Well, sledding is fun, but I don’t have a sled anymore and hilly areas aren’t exactly nearby. This year, I’m determined to remain fearless in the face of freezing temperatures. I have a warming plan involving many layers. Yesterday, it was below zero with the wind chill. It’s warming up now and Sunday is supposed to be 53 degrees. See, it’s all about riding the wave.
3. I know the Postal Service is suffering, but what’s this about cutting back to a 5-day mail delivery week?
4. Mayor Bloomberg explained the source of the weird maple syrup smell that has been invading Manhattan. He declared the Great Maple Syrup Mystery solved.
5. Here’s one of my fave Jim and Dwight interactions. I wanted to post the Hotel Hell one, but I couldn’t find it. This one also rocks.