Yay, it’s my first official contest to win copies of Take Me There and When It Happens! Woo-hoo! For extra fun, check this out: The ultimate winner of this contest will have their writing published in my third book.
Dialogue lovers, this one’s for you. Because the contest winner will be the person who writes the best dialogue (no more than three sentences) for a particular scene. And it’s not just any scene. This is the crucial last scene, in which the main boy character asks the main girl character to the junior prom. Six months early (it’s currently November and the prom isn’t until May). Here’s the sitch: He’s a boy who’s liked this girl (both juniors) for years without her knowing, but now she knows. He sat behind her in eighth-grade physical science and overheard her talking to her best friend about the prom, so he knows she’s been looking forward to it for a long time. Now he’s finally asking her to go. He’s revealing his true feelings, holding nothing back. What magic words does he use to make her say yes?
These sweet prizes can be procured:
1. The ultimate winner will have their dialogue published in my third book, Waiting For You, which will be released next summer. The winner will also receive a signed copy of Take Me There.
2. The first runner-up will receive a signed copy of Take Me There.
3. The second runner-up will receive a signed copy of When It Happens.
The contest rules are simple:
1. Entries must be received by the summer solstice, June 21.
2. Email all submissions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Enlighten me with your spectacular talent!
Winners will be notified by June 25 and posted here. If you are a winner, I will email you for your address.
Thanks to SP for this totally brill idea. You are a work of genius.