1. Can I just tell you how good Love Happens is? If it’s playing near you and you’ve been considering going to see it, definitely go. It was refreshing to see Aaron Eckhart not playing an a-hole. I’ve always liked him, especially during his twisted Neil LaBute In the Company of Men days. Jennifer Aniston’s character reminded me of Christian Slater in Bed of Roses, this 90s film I adore that never got the attention it deserves. I’m strongly recommending Love Happens, and not just because that was an alternate title for When It Happens. Warning: You will fall in love with the fluffy parrot and immediately want to go out after the movie and get your own fluffy parrot.
2. Before the movie started, there were previews for so many upcoming good movies I can’t even. I seriously cannot wait for It’s Complicated. Put together Meryl Streep, Steve Martin (love him!), Alec Baldwin, John Krasinski (still my #1 husband, despite rumors of a possible engagement), and a bunch of other awesome people, and you get a magical movie experience that will linger for weeks. Oh, and it’s by Nancy Meyers. Enough said. But there’s more. Whip It! comes out soon, along with Did You Hear About the Morgans? In that one, Sarah Jessica Parker and Hugh Grant go into a witness protection program. Which could go either way, now that I think about it. Precious (based on Push) looks amazing, but my heart shattered just watching the preview. I have a feeling it’s going to be like Boys Don’t Cry – a brilliant film that I can never watch again because it’s too haunting.
3. Speaking of SJP, some Sex and the City movie filming took place right before I left for the islands. I was walking back from Rite Aid when I noticed that Carrie Bradshaw’s stoop was being washed, ladders and other official looking equipment were scattered all around, and movie filming notices were posted all down the street. Question: If Carrie’s stoop is part of the new movie, does this mean that Carrie and Big are over?
4. A cute box set of three Sarah Dessen books is out. I went hunting for it at the big Union Square B&N and found this:
Her box set chilling with Take Me There in the Noteworthy section! I am honored.
5. After unbearable anticipation, I finally cracked open the last season of The Office. I’ll just say this for now. Jim and Pam at the rest stop in the rain? Perfection.